Knicks Notes
Arlene Knickerbocker's Photo
Chewed Up Pencil

What Do My Words Reveal?

What do our beliefs have to do with our words and actions (acted-out words)?

Shortly before Jesus was crucified, He prepared His disciples. Jesus told them:

• He was going to leave them
• He would die
• One of the twelve was a traitor
• Peter would deny Him three times
• All of them would be offended and scatter

Their earthly hopes and dreams were about ready to die. Anything they had relied on for security would disappear:

• Possessions- They had left their family and jobs to follow Jesus, and they had nothing.

• Position- They had been looked up to as leaders; now they would be looked down at as losers.

• Popularity- Adoring crowds would not be following them—although maybe angry crowds would be following them.

Their leader would be considered a political traitor by the government and a blasphemer by the religious community.

At that point, Jesus said, “Don’t let this throw you. (Another version says, 'Don't let your heart be troubled.') You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live” (John 14:1-4).

WOW!

How could the disciples find peace in the midst of those circumstances?

How can we find peace no matter what circumstances surround us?

FAITH!

Do we really believe life on earth is short—compared with life in heaven?
Does that belief provide peace when we’re going through difficulties?

One day, every knee will bow and acknowledge Jesus as King. But He could rule in the disciples’ hearts even then—He can rule in our hearts even now. No matter what we are going through, we can experience His peace that passes human understanding.

Do our words and actions reveal a peaceful heart?

More thoughts about this in chapter five of my book 12 Ways to Make Your Words Count, which is available on my website and amazon.com.

I would love to read your comments about these thoughts.
comments
Follow The Write Spot on Twitter Connect with The Write Spot on LinkedIn Visit The Write Spot on Ecademy
Links
We
©The Write Spot    |    Design by dynamicdynamic dZine Web Design Studio - Best Web Design Company near Lancaster PAdZine, LLC