Knicks Notes
Arlene Knickerbocker's Photo
Chewed Up Pencil

Why Am I Here?

Why am I here on earth? Is it just to run in the rat race?
Or is there more?

At some point, every person wonders, “Why am I here?” According to a the Bible, God created us to reveal His glory. He provides us with everything we need to accomplish that purpose, including the ability to communicate.

Although the shadow of sin often prevents us from showing His glory, although we wander away from His perfect plan, God says, “I want them back, every last one who bears My name, every man, woman, and child whom I created for My glory, yes, personally formed and made each one” (Isaiah 43:7 The Message, italics by this author).

When I connect with my heavenly Father and trust Him enough to accept His purpose, I am amazed at how this fulfills my needs.

My brother-in-law once tried to use the clothes dryer to dry beans he had grown. He had a mess on his hands. The dryer plugged up and couldn’t perform the task it had been created to do.

Let’s stick with the purpose God assigned to us and not put stuff into our lives that will prevent us from showing God’s glory.

It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, He had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose He is working out in everything and everyone” (Ephesians 1:11-12).

God’s vision for us is to become like Jesus Christ. We can’t share in His divine nature, but we can become like Him in character. "God knew what He was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love Him along the same lines as the life of His Son... We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in Him [Jesus]" (Romans 8:29).

Who doesn't want love, joy, and peace? The Holy Spirit grows these characteristics (and more) in us when we cling to Jesus. He shared a metaphor with farmers who grew grapes. "I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with Me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing" (John 15:5).

I hope my communication shows more of Christ's character than it did a year ago, a month ago, a week ago, a day ago... If I'm not growing more like Jesus daily, I've wasted a day

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this, as I always learn so much when others share what God is showing them. Comments also encourage me along my faith journey.

comments
Follow The Write Spot on Twitter Connect with The Write Spot on LinkedIn Visit The Write Spot on Ecademy
Links
We
©The Write Spot    |    Design by dynamicdynamic dZine Web Design Studio - Best Web Design Company near Lancaster PAdZine, LLC